Berean Provides Internet Access for Schoolwork During Pandemic
Berean Christian Church in Murphysboro will be opening its doors to the community to provide an internet café for remote learning for students who do not have internet access at home. This initiative is very simply an attempt to provide a safe and controlled learning environment for students in the Murphysboro area to utilize during distance-learning days. This is a free service to the community.
Berean was worried that students doing schoolwork online could be left behind without reliable internet access. To address the need, Senior Minister Jason Frederick came up with the idea to have students use the church’s internet to keep up with schoolwork.
Frederick says, “During these tough times all of us have to pitch in and help those in need and with school going more and more online, we felt this was the least that we could do.”
He went on to say, that many of the more rural students have poor quality internet and those with limited resources may find getting online cost prohibitive. This is a great solution for everyone and Berean Christian Church has the resources and is more than willing to reach out.
What You Need To Know
- The staff will maintain strict CDC guidelines with regard to masks, social distancing, and sanitation.
- Space is limited so please contact the church to sign up.
- Time available will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:00am until Noon.
- For more information or to register, please contact Berean Christian Church at 618-684-6601.
- For more information about Berean Christian Church go to unbrokenchurch.com or email: email@example.com.